From my many years of experience in a corporate PR environment I have always looked for a number of things when dealing with an outside PR agency to help with a campaign.
The agency should be:
- Very creative and full of story ideas
- Have good media contacts
- Good writers
- Have an idea of my organisations target audience
- Can deliver on the required deadlines
- has a fair knowledge of the industry
- Someone I can trust with talking to the media
- Someone who can offer a bit of advice of what has worked for them in the past.
- Tell me the truth – I dont want to know how great I am – I don’t want a yes man.
- Don’t tell me social media unless you know what you are talking about. If you mentioned a facebook campaign I would show you the door.
I’d like to know what works for you.